Restructuring A Company
by Al Davis
Restructuring a company is usually only considered when all “business as usual” options have been tried and cialis generic uk have failed.
It is generally only then that operational executives and owners believe that the business cannot continue in its present form and start exploring viable alternatives.
All of the options shown below are typically considered as part of the process of exploring the various options available to restructure a company’s finances and business operations.
Those who own and manage the firm then pick the best available alternative and often hire experienced executives, like Revitalization Partners, to manage the process of implementing the restructuring a company method they select.
Executives who have never had to manage restructuring a company before are most often not familiar with the myriad of business restructuring options available to them and are also typically not familiar with the actual process of implementing such restructuring methods.
Restructuring A Company
Our Primary Objective
Restructuring a company is intended to enhance the overall value of the business and thus make the firm or surviving assets more financially attractive to creditors, investors and the primary capital markets. This restructuring “process” is thus intended to streamline the company in order to enhance operational efficiency and profitability or make the assets as financially attractive as possible to facilitate a sale.
Our Primary Function
We can help with restructuring a company in the following ways:
- Corporate Realignment: restructuring a company through this process we analyze the entire business and develop a plan that would reorganize the firm’s operating units into the most profitable and efficient business structure. This can include the transfer of businesses units or company assets from one group to another or the sale of identified business units. It often results in the release of capital that has been previously locked in the balance sheets of these business units.
- Liquidation: : Many times, the liquidation option is rejected by management because it is initially seen as a public acknowledgment of business failure. The fact is that some businesses have reached the end of 1 generic cialis their life cycle or the market has changed so dramatically that continuing the business in its present form is unrealistic. In such cases, a liquidation makes the most sense so restructuring a company is not a viable option.
- Managed Exits: We can assist by providing interim management to wind down the business with the goal of restructuring a company by maximizing the overall return to investors, owners and creditors while minimizing associated risks to customers and employees.
- De-mergers: Should you need to structure a de-merger, we can make arrangements such that the emerging entities will result in a financial structure that is tax efficient and creates an effective path for separation of the business units involved.
- Debt For Equity Swaps: Restructuring a company through a debt-for-equity swap involve one or more of your creditors agreeing to cancel some or all of your debt in exchange for equity in your business. This i a valuable option when you want to reduce the businesses debt load but don’t have the cash available to pay down debt or need to better use that cash for business expansion. Our experienced business restructuring team can assist with planning and implementing the most effective debt-for-equity swap option.
- Assignment For The Benefit Of Creditors: This is an alternative to Chapter 7 (or a liquidating Chapter 11 bankruptcy) that is growing in popularity and becoming an viable reorganization tool in Washington and other states. Essentially, restructuring a company through ABC is a method that enables a business to end its obligations to its creditors and also avoid the time, costs and and stigma that often occurs in a bankruptcy proceeding.
These are a few of the many techniques for restructuring a company we have used to help client firms return to profitability of professionally wind down operations. We are ready to help you.